Diploma in Human and Community Support Services
This diploma course prepares students for a career in social, human, and community support services in Calgary. It equips students with the knowledge of ageing, health, well-being, and disability. With regard to community development, the students will learn the process, strategies, and other factors associated with human services, community development, local planning, and social action.
Upon graduation, students will be equipped with skills to work as community service worker, addictions worker, disability support services worker, life skills instructor, immigrant support worker, family support worker, mental health worker, crisis intervention worker, individual support worker, youth outreach worker, child and youth care worker. These are rewarding career paths where students can support people to take control of their lives and create positive change.
- Program duration: 52 weeks; this is an accelerated program; you will complete your program in one year instead of two years
- 20 courses plus 4 weeks of field practicum experience
- Professional seminars in-built into your courses
- This course prepares you for one of the fastest-growing industries in Canada
- We have morning, evening, and weekend options